Now let’s talk about barriers.
Let’s go through the most common barriers and solutions.
- “I don’t have time” – make your new healthy habit a priority.
- “I’m not motivated” – this is very common especially at this time of year. I know it’s cold and hard to get out of bed – but you need to think about what is important to you, and why you want to do something. For example; you might think about certain things that you would like to do – let’s say doing the things you love, without feeling tired and out of breath.
- “I don’t like healthy foods” – Another very common response. Well let’s put it bluntly – have you tried all healthy foods and in different forms or is it still from when you were 5 and your Mum was trying to feed you something you didn’t like? Well let’s try again – lets try cooking your favourite food in just a simple healthy alternative.
- “I don’t like physical activity” – Well you haven’t tried a Fitness360 session then have you. No, in all seriousness this one is about finding what works for you and sometimes we go through seasons. I used to be a real gym goer and now I’m loving the home workouts, and loving just being able to go for a walk or do some yoga. You have got to find what feels good for you at the time. Getting around an awesome group of like-minded women is one way to start to enjoy physical activity. For some people this might be taking your dog for a walk, or mowing the lawn on the weekend. Physical activity is getting your body moving. When I talk about training and specific training that is when we are getting into the gym or doing specific exercises for a particular goal. But we just need to make sure we start at the bare minimum and basics, to get enough physical activity in – let’s try and get in at least 30mins a day. Our bodies thrive off of movement.
- “I can’t do this on my own” – Well that’s okay because we get that. Find someone else to be active with. Whether that is someone in the household that you live with, or a group, team sports – to have that extra support. As always if you would like to try a group session with us at Fitness360, reach out – we are always very welcoming and happy to have people come and try a class.
- “Don’t know enough about healthy habits” – Well that is what FITNESS360 private Facebook group is for. We are always happy for questions to be asked – we constantly monitor the group, and it is there for a resource for you guys to ask questions, share information, healthy habits and to extra get motivation and encouragement from each other.