This agreement is made between Fitness360 ABN 90 135 909 972 (“Us", "We", "Our" or “Fitness360”) and the member whose name appears in the questionnaire and waiver form, terms and conditions or membership agreement (“you”).
The Rules, these Terms and Conditions, Health Check Questionnaire and your Membership Application Form make up the entire agreement between the parties (“the Agreement”). Any previous representations or documents whether provided by Fitness360 or employees is excluded from this Agreement.
You must ensure that you read, understand and abide by all of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. If you have any questions please ask us.
“Rules” means the rules which are binding rules that apply to all members, visitors and guests and that notified to you through signage, handouts, or our website.
Need to know upon joining
1. You must be at least 16 years old to be a part of the membership program and train with Fitness360. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign your membership agreement and pre-exercise questionnaire. You can then: Participate in group fitness sessions.
2. The Fitness360 Membership program includes VIP access to a Facebook group which you will automatically be invited to join unless you state otherwise. In this case all notifications will be via email. If you choose not to use the facebook group, you forfeit access to communications and the home workout library posted to that platform.
3. The membership program is inclusive of 52 weeks of the year with two weeks of reduced face to face sessions over the Christmas / New Year period.
Membership pauses or transfers
1. With suitable reason, you can place your membership on hold for a minimum of 2 weeks with at least 7 days’ notice. Notice must be given in writing and state why you wish to pause your membership.Suitable reason would only include; A pre-planned holiday, Illness or grieving.
2. Memberships and purchases or remaining credits of any kind can not be transferred from a member or client to another member or friend / Family member for any reason.
Join/ Cancel anytime
1.You are welcome to join Fitness360 at any stage you like and may attend scheduled sessions in the current timetable.
2.You may cancel your membership at any stage with a minimum of 28 day’s written notice.
1. An automated weekly or fortnightly payment will be directly debited on the day you purchase a class or enter into a Fitness360 membership / service / agreement and the same debit schedule will continue unless Fitness360 is given notice of otherwise. 28 days notice is required to cancel any ongoing agreements / memberships.
3. Any failed payments will run for 3 days following scheduled payment and if funds are not cleared this will result in a ‘failed payment fee’ charged to you (the member or client) from Fitness360 (sales merchant)
Interruption of Services
1. As a result of repair, maintenance, public holiday, or special occasions, Fitness360 may be required to restrict the sessions or temporarily close / stop activity from time to time. There will be no reduction, suspension, or amendment of membership fees or other charges during such time when the above-mentioned occurs. Fitness360 hours of operation may be modified from time to time without prior notice to you. Fitness360 reserves the right to change the location and/or facility from time to time, to eliminate or add locations and services, and to change the type or quantity of equipment and services.
Schedule and Equipment
1.Fitness360 reserves the right to update, move and/or alter the facilities, locations and equipment and modify the group fitness exercise schedule without notice.
Promising you are in good health
1. On the day you sign your agreement and each time you participate in a session, you promise that:
• You are in good physical condition
• You know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not be engaging in physical activity
2. If anything changes with your health that you are aware of, it is within your responsibility to notify your trainer and speak with your GP to seek expert advice.
Training with children or babies present
1. Parents are permitted to bring children/babies to Fitness360 sessions but acknowledge that they are solely responsible for their child/baby and infants under 1 must remain in a pram for the duration of the session.
2. In bringing your child / infant along you are aware of any risks and waive the right to take lawful action against Fitness360 in the event of illness or injury to your child/baby.
Seeking expert advice
1.Fitness360 staff and contractors are not medically trained. They are not qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can exercise without risking your health, safety or comfort. If you have any doubts, we strongly urge you to seek medical advice before starting an exercise program.
If you are aware of any medical issues that would prevent you from participating in an exercise program, this must be cleared by a medical professional or your GP before taking part as outlined on the initial sign-up questionnaire.
Change of details
You must keep us promptly informed of any changes of address, phone contact numbers, email address, bank account and credit card details for payment and any other personal information that is relevant to your membership with Fitness360.
Statement of Commitment
1. Fitness360 is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect. Fitness360 complies with the Privacy Act 1988. This policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal and sensitive information.
2. Fitness360 is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Fitness360 will only collect and use personal information as set out below.